Silent Fall - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silent Fall - Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Tablette 11″ Xiaomi- Mi Pad 6 global version (coupon + code promo)
224.97 €
Voir le deal
-29%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 – 16 Go / 512Go (CDAV : ...
499.99 € 699.99 €
Voir le deal

Trans siberian orchestra

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

Number of posts : 7071
Registration date : 2006-03-28

Trans siberian orchestra Empty
PostSubject: Trans siberian orchestra   Trans siberian orchestra EmptyWed 24 Jan 2007 - 14:28

A fucking great band with guys from Savatage!!! Smile

Trans siberian orchestra Leftnav-main

http://www.trans-siberian.com/

Trans-Siberian Orchestra was formed in 1996 by Paul O'Neill who immediately approached long time friends and collaborators Robert Kinkel and Jon Oliva to form the core of the writing team.

While producing and writing for a number of years with various rock groups Paul was always looking for ways to make the music have greater and greater emotional impact. He tried to write the music that was so melodic it didn't need lyrics. And lyrics that were so poetic that they didn't need music but once you put the two of them together, the sum of the parts would be greater than the whole, and you couldn't imagine them apart. Once he'd done this, he was still looking for a way to take it to even greater heights and he realized that putting the songs within the context of a story would give it a third dimension that wou ld make that additional emotional impact possible.

Hence, he started writing not just albums, but rock operas.

He realized then, that there was an inherent problem recording rock operas within the standard rock and roll band makeup. Rock operas by their nature need the voices to change as the characters change. Rock bands normally only have one (or if you're lucky) two great vocalists to work with, therefore limiting how far you can go. You're forced to make the music fit the band, as opposed to allowing the music to go wherever it needs to.

With Trans-Siberian Orchestra, first the music is created with no artificial limitations, and then we seek out within the classical, rock, Broadway and R & B worlds, the very best singers and musicians to bring each song to life. This also in many ways forces us to operate on a higher level. This environment has the additional benefit of causing a cross pollenization of musical ideas, creating hybrid forms of music that normally never would have occurred, such as an R&B singer doing a classical style melody and bringing gospel touches to it that causes it to glitter in ways that even the creators could not have predicted. Another very important aspect in the creation of the band, is that there could be no limits on the members; we mix all races and ages.

The young get to mine the experience of the old musicians, while they can't help to be inspired by the enthusiasm of people just entering the business. This has created a vast constantly changing musical group that even we do not know what it is going to do next.

Once when asked what Trans-Siberian Orchestra was about, Paul O'Neill replied, "It's about creating great art. When asked to define what great art was, Paul said, "The purpose of art is to create an emotional response in the person that is exposed to that art. And there are three categories of art; bad art, good art and great art. Bad art will elicit no emotional response in the person that is exposed to it, i.e.; a song you hear in an elevator and it does nothing to you, a picture on a wall that gives you the same emotional response as if the wall had been blank, a movie that chews up time. Good art will make you feel an emotion that you have felt before; you see a picture of a forest and you remember the last time you went fishing with your dad, you hear a song about love and you remember the last time you were in love. Great art will make you feel an emotion you have never felt before; seeing the pieta, the world famous sculpture by

Michelangelo, can cause someone to feel the pain of losing a child even if they've never had one. And when you're trying for these emotions the easiest one to trigger is anger.

Anyone can do it. Go into the street, throw a rock at someone, you will make them angry. The emotions of love, empathy and laughter are much harder to trigger, but since they operate on a deeper level, they bring a much greater reward.

Last edited by Winterland-Handy on Thu 10 Apr 2008 - 8:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Heavy Girl
Habitué
Heavy Girl

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Trans siberian orchestra   Trans siberian orchestra EmptyFri 15 Jun 2007 - 0:50

I love them.

I can't remember how I get to know them, but they are just great!

It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I love classical music Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/el_hada_de_oz
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

PostSubject: Re: Trans siberian orchestra   Trans siberian orchestra EmptyFri 15 Jun 2007 - 1:03

Yes!!! An another fan!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lady Zephyr
Posteur Fou
Lady Zephyr

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Trans siberian orchestra   Trans siberian orchestra EmptyThu 3 Apr 2008 - 6:49

Trans Siberian Orchestra is one of my favorite bands. I hear their music every day. I like their album "Beethoven's Last Night". Requiem (The Fifth) is amazing, I love that song!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

PostSubject: Re: Trans siberian orchestra   Trans siberian orchestra EmptyFri 4 Apr 2008 - 17:04

Yeah!!! One other fan here Very Happy

Ok... So I will listen to Christmas Eve in Sarajevo again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lady Zephyr
Posteur Fou
Lady Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: Trans siberian orchestra   Trans siberian orchestra EmptySat 5 Apr 2008 - 7:00

Winterland-Handy wrote:
Yeah!!! One other fan here Very Happy

Ok... So I will listen to Christmas Eve in Sarajevo again Very Happy

I love the story behind Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24.
This is the story explained by Paul O'Neill:

"... We heard about this cello player born in Sarajevo many years ago who left when he was fairly young to go on to become a well-respected musician, playing with various symphonies throughout Europe. Many decades later, he returned to Sarajevo as an elderly man—at the height of the Bosnian War, only to find his city in complete ruins.

I think what most broke this man's heart was that the destruction was not done by some outside invader or natural disaster—it was done by his own people. At that time, Serbs were shelling Sarajevo every night. Rather than head for the bomb shelters like his family and neighbors, this man went to the town square, climbed onto a pile of rubble that had once been the fountain, took out his cello, and played Mozart and Beethoven as the city was bombed.

He came every night and began playing Christmas carols from that same spot. It was just such a powerful image—a white-haired man silhouetted against the cannon fire, playing timeless melodies to both sides of the conflict amid the rubble and devastation of the city he loves. Some time later, a reporter traced him down to ask why he did this insanely stupid thing. The old man said that it was his way of proving that despite all evidence to the contrary, the spirit of humanity was still alive in that place.

The song basically wrapped itself around him. We used some of the oldest Christmas melodies we could find, like "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" and "Carol of the Bells" (which is from the Ukraine, near that region). The orchestra represents one side, the rock band the other, and the single cello represents that single individual, that spark of hope."
Cool
Back to top Go down
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

PostSubject: Re: Trans siberian orchestra   Trans siberian orchestra EmptyTue 8 Apr 2008 - 20:11

I had never read it before ^^ It's very interesting Smile

Last edited by Winterland-Handy on Tue 8 Apr 2008 - 21:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Winterland-Fab
Ancien Membre du groupe
Winterland-Fab

Number of posts : 2146
Registration date : 2006-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Trans siberian orchestra   Trans siberian orchestra EmptyTue 8 Apr 2008 - 20:54

I Agree!
Back to top Go down
Lady Zephyr
Posteur Fou
Lady Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: Trans siberian orchestra   Trans siberian orchestra EmptyThu 10 Apr 2008 - 4:08

Winterland-Fab wrote:
I Agree!

I Agree too, Fab!!! Very Happy

You know my favorite TSO album is "Beethoven's Last Night", it's very interesting because the entire album is the fictional story of the last night of Beethoven and I love that story. I love you
Back to top Go down
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

PostSubject: Re: Trans siberian orchestra   Trans siberian orchestra EmptyThu 10 Apr 2008 - 8:18

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trans siberian orchestra   Trans siberian orchestra Empty

Back to top Go down

Trans siberian orchestra
Page 1 of 1