Silent Fall - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silent Fall - Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 pièces (induction, ...
59.99 € 99.99 €
Voir le deal
-17%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Casque de réalité virtuelle Meta Quest 2 128 Go Blanc (+29,99€ ...
249.99 € 299.99 €
Voir le deal

Metal and mediatisation...

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Replica
Posteur Fou
Replica

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Metal and mediatisation... Empty
PostSubject: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyWed 12 Mar 2008 - 14:06

Here it goes... just, if it is possible to move the posts here and continue. Smile

Replica wrote:
Personaly I don't like it.. but I prefer it than the finnish one... I have nothing against Terasbetoni, but it seems like after Lordi it became.. a fashion to do Eurovision...
There are enough poser metalheads out there, I don't want anymore who have heard one song from a superb finnish band and think they are the best and know everything... and otherwise listen to HIM (nothing against them either) and don't know who Whitesnake are... (yes, they've asked me are Whitesnake a new band... Suspect )

Winterland-Handy wrote:
Like for Nightwish. After the "Once"'s Release, there was some fucking young fans who were just 13 years old and who didn't know that Nightwish had allready released four other albums...

But I think it's a great thing to have a little more mediatisation for the metal bands, even if I think that other bands would have been better than Terasbetoni... Razz

Replica wrote:
The way I see it true metalheads (I know it sounds weird and probably pompously..) find bands for themselves. They don't need Eurovision or Idols (or whatever it is called in the different countries)...
If a band gets too popular they start thinking they are The Superstars and stop caring much for the music... one good example for me are Linkin Park. Back when their first album went out I liked them... now they are veeery big and don't care for the music anymore.

Winterland-Fab wrote:
It's a very interesting discussion.
I'm agree with our Singer! Smile It's not bad that sometimes Metal can use the power of medias and strong budget to release great tour or high-level studio productions. My opinion is that some killer big band "cash machine" (in the good sense of the word) like Nightwish can draw the little one who don't profit of good budget. They show to the music industry that Metal can be "bankable" and reconnect with the sucess without using to much commercial elements (yes Nightwish isnt' "true" like Behemoth but they arent' Tokio Hotel!).
Back to top Go down
http://www.wintryinenglish.blogspot.com
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

Number of posts : 7071
Registration date : 2006-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyWed 12 Mar 2008 - 14:55

I have changed the name of the topic ^^
Back to top Go down
Replica
Posteur Fou
Replica

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyThu 13 Mar 2008 - 10:20

A famous band taking another not so famous band on tour with them is okay. It's a good way for the band to get money and also get discovered by more people. (Me, I know a lot of people, who discovered Sonata Arctica that way.) But a band using media is not right for me. Media always try to change the image of everything so that it fits with what is proper and what would go for many people... and metal bands are just not what the mass would like.. especially having in mind the bonus materials on For The Sake Of Revenge (Sonata Arctica... sorry that everytime it's them, but it's the first band that comes in mind and my head hurts (a lot of beer last night... Rolling Eyes ) and I don't feel like thinking) which are like 90% of the time the band and the crew are drunk, doing shit, falling off chairs etc.
Another thing is the view other people have for metalheads... at least most of my non-metal friends and my mother's views. They think metalheads are some junkies, being drunk 24/7, satanists, homeless, outsiders etc... and this does NOT help at all...

P.S.: No prob for the title. Wink
Back to top Go down
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyThu 13 Mar 2008 - 12:14

I understand your point of view, but don't you think we should change the view from these people? For example, my parents. At the beginning, my mother thought I had become crazy after I told her I was listening and singing some metal music. But after she heard a few songs, she said "that's some metal music? Ok that's not my favourite type of music, but it's not as hard as I had thought". And she allready came twice in our concerts. And a lot of people had the same reaction...

I think we should have a little more mediatisation. I don't mean we should be invited every saturday night in TV shows, but if some video clips were diffused on television, some people would change their point of view about us, and bands would come back in our countries.
Back to top Go down
Replica
Posteur Fou
Replica

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyFri 14 Mar 2008 - 11:11

Agree that we should try to change the views, but imagine the guy/girl/friend/parent/whatever is stubborn and just refuses to see metalheads as anything different than junkies... what can you do then? Most of the people they are not open-minded and they don't tolerate...
In my country there is a kind of a war between metalheads and a genre of music, which is hard to explain, but in a few words it promotes having sex with someone for a better life (clothes, jewelery, cars, expensive places etc.)... can you imagine a way to change the view of one of those? For them we are nothing.
Listening to a particular style of music has become like religion - metalheads hate rappers, rappers hate metalheads, they fight between themselves and so on, and so on.. you get the point...
The one thing that will get us somewhere is tolerance... tolerance which some of the metalheads have towards a rapper/pop/disco/insert-music-style, but there are hardly any people who tolerate metalheads... that's the problem for me...
Back to top Go down
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyFri 14 Mar 2008 - 14:11

I agree with you... If everyone was tolerant, the world would be very different. But I still have faith ^^
Back to top Go down
Replica
Posteur Fou
Replica

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyFri 14 Mar 2008 - 15:37

Good that you still have faith, I still do, though it's a lot less than I used to have. But only faith won't do nothing. Wink
Back to top Go down
Megamuerte
Posteur Fou
Megamuerte

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyFri 14 Mar 2008 - 15:54

Good post Very Happy
Ok, I thing than sometimes, a metal band can take support from radio or TV....but sometimes....em.... for example, Saratoga, a well know spanish metal band, prayed in a TV program in the end of year night in the first chanel of the country.....¬¬ in a pink stage

We have to accept than the actual metalheads are not like the old ones....
the metal fans of today are, almost all, good boys and girls, so, the concept os "True metal" no longer exist, more than for Manowar and the old metalheads...

The time has change, and now, metal is very diferent in all way.
Today's metal is more accesible, more melodic and, of course, more comercial....but.... thats not the reasson we ear and play metal, but for the pleassure of do it Smile

when I were younger I were messing around about what is true metal and wath isn't it, but now, i'm more experienced (level up!) and thing than all we have to do is enjoy what we love, and this can be ear Sonata Arctica in the radio or finding a new an unknow great band....

Cool
Back to top Go down
Megamuerte
Posteur Fou
Megamuerte

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyFri 14 Mar 2008 - 16:10

Replica, I thing than times are changing, and long air, right now, is not reason to dont have a good work, study at university or, at least, go for the street kicking the asses of everyone.

the only chance to solve the problem is destroy the human nature XD

there are murders, genocides, violations , war and death in all the earth surface.... so, if the human nature is like that, better be happy of be a metalhead XD
If there are a snob than looks bad at you, just laugh of him XD.....cause this is the only one he can do Wink
Back to top Go down
Replica
Posteur Fou
Replica

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyFri 14 Mar 2008 - 18:16

I'm happy with what and who I am, with the bands I listen to, with the things I do, with the people I know. I don't give a shit what the cute not-metalhead guy next door thinks of me now that he knows I am a metalhead, I don't give a shit if it bothers someone when he's in the room with a metalhead, I DON'T CARE.
When someone says that metalheads are this and that I tell them that they have a wrong image and try to explain. But there just are people who refuse to understand it and it just might happen to be your problem as well as theirs. The world is not such a big place, you know.. you don't know if the guy to whom you've explained that metalheads are nice last night won't turn up to be the guy to interview you for a megacool job tomorrow.

Being true isn't all about listening to the True (whatever... Rolling Eyes ) Band Manowar... it is not all about long hair and headbanging at concerts, or band shirts, or motorbikes, or leather pants... these are all just symbols of a culture... what I mean when I say true metalhead is the nonposer people, who are not all about what is popular right now like Sunrise Avenue or Green Day a couple of years ago, or Linkin Park or Hinder. Okay, these bands are great, I do listen to some of them and I'm not ashamed to admit it. But there are people who have an image in their heads like, for example, people who have long hair, dress in black, wear leather and have a motorbike are ultrabad and I like being bad. So what that person does is he (respectively she) starts listening to what is hot right now (see the bands listed above) and dresses in black, wears black make-up (most of the girls have TOO much) and acts "bad" without realizing it all affects or is going to affect them and other people. These people they never try to find some new band... if one of those saw a link to here they wouldn't sign.. cause they're not about the music, they are just posing.
True metalheads might not alwasy be dressed in black and leather and might not always have long hair or black painted nails (girls only, please...) but they are into the music. I know a lot of people who claim they are "very heavy metal" and start to lecture me over what a metalhead should listen to (I don't look like a metalhead at all) and all of the bands they name are mainstream bands... when I ask them if they have heard of Deep Purple, Whitesnake, Rainbow, or whichever classic rock band they stare at me and ask me if the band is new... the classic bands are also mainstream, but they are not popular among youngsters... hell, they're not even that popular among people my age (around 20)!
Another thing... Bulgaria is a small country and not a lot of metalbands come to play. So summer 2007 was quite eventful - we had Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, Manowar and some more.. something like one-two months before the concert people who I know and I'm sure they don't like metal at all, they walk around with band shirts... I mean WTF?!

So to sum up, it seems to me that all the posers make the bad image for metalheads... Rolling Eyes

Excuse me for the long post, but I love this topic and I haven't spoken to noone on it for a long, long time.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Winterland-Fab
Ancien Membre du groupe
Winterland-Fab

Number of posts : 2146
Registration date : 2006-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyFri 14 Mar 2008 - 20:36

WOW : i'm very proud that the Winterland's forum got this high-level discussion (no irony). Unfortunetly, i don't have enough time to give my words about but i'm reading you!!!
Back to top Go down
Megamuerte
Posteur Fou
Megamuerte

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyFri 14 Mar 2008 - 22:35

Oh, thats for sure.....posers suck....and worst, the emos XD the "true posers".
Really I dont know where these guys come from Razz

I thing than these people can make you feel sic, but maybe they will disapear as far as they apear.
A positive thing.....if they wear like heavys, they will taste the way of life, at least a bit....enough to respect metalheads in the day of tomorrow, even they left the metal fashion behind Razz
Back to top Go down
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptySun 16 Mar 2008 - 21:25

You know, I think that there are some fucking great people and some fucking shitty people everywhere. I mean, at the moment, I have a very good friend in my school who is just listening to some rap music. But we are some very good friends, because we each respect the tastes and the wishes from the other one...

I think the problem is not to listen some metal, or to be dressed with black clothes... People are just afraid by people who don't seem to be like them. And they just judge our physical appearance... But if they only knew who we are, they would probably change their point of view... And I think that if they were just listening to the songs we are loving, they would understand that we are not some kind of beasts...

Last edited by Winterland-Handy on Sun 16 Mar 2008 - 23:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Replica
Posteur Fou
Replica

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptySun 16 Mar 2008 - 23:35

Yes, there are some really great people, both metalheands and non-metalheads. I moved to a new country and I don't know any metalheads yet... so I hang out with non-metalhead people who are extremely nice. And they don't mind if I say "Let's go to a metal club." as well as I don't mind it if we go to a disco club... tolerance. Smile But not all people (no matter metalheads or no) are like this.

Problem is exactly the clothes... as I already explained there are some children, cause frankly, they are children, even for me, who dress like metalheads and behave like some bad guys or girls... and here it comes - people know that metalheads dress that way, so what happens is they see those kids and say to themselves "OMG, metalheads are bastards..."
It's true that people don't like others which are not like them, but clothes ARE clothes... it's the behavior underneath those clothes that matters. And kids don't have it... believe me, I myself have seen how a metalhead can transform into a perfect lady or gentleman in a couple of minutes...

By the way, it just occured to me... I think it was a quite big scandal some time ago, tough I'm not sure... the church... they know a band like Dimmu Borgir who have a song which features something connected to Satan, so they judge by this song and they claim metalheads are satanists... what now?
How could you EVER change a view of a believing person that metal is not all about worshiping Satan, killing peeple, eating people, raping people and whatever else crap you can think of...
Another common misbelief is (that is of course if you're not already cathegorized as satanist) that ALL metalheads are pagan... my ex-boyfriend is a christian, goes to church and everything and listens to Kiuas whose lyrics are strongly promoting Ukko and other pagan gods...
And again we come to where we started from - there are, were and always will be people who refuse to tolerate and listen to the other side before they judge. We can sit and explain, we can write books, make movies, go to Eurovision or whatever.. there will always be someone to say we're not human.

@Megamuerte: No, they won't disappear, unfortunately... they become more and more every day... emos, neo-metal fans, love-metal fans and so on far fetched modern genres... and they will always see some part of the symbols of metal as something they want and will always try to copy without trying to actually understand what metal is all about...
Once again, it's not black clothes and make-up, leather pants, motorbikes, long hai or headbanging...

*stops to read what she's written*
*nods approvingly*
Next one to comment! Feel free to expand the discussion regarding the church, but without saying the church sucks or they are bastards or whatever... tolerance. Razz
Now I'm going to get some rest for this weekend... good night.
Sleep
Back to top Go down
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptySun 16 Mar 2008 - 23:51

But one people can change a lot of things. A little example : in the college wher I was, there is an internship to do in a company. Each student has to write a report on it. After that, some parents correct them and they choose the best report (there are around 120 students in one year). This year, the winner was a fan of metal music (and of Winterland ^^ She went twice to our concerts Very Happy). She had done her internship by a french metal magazine and spoke about the bad image given to the metal, in general. And every parents decided to elect her (I must add that this school is catholic).

So I think that every little try to change the minds will have his effect. Even if only one people understands, that will be one more people helping us to change the minds...
Back to top Go down
Replica
Posteur Fou
Replica

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyMon 17 Mar 2008 - 0:01

Even if they understand not all are willing to help us change our image. Congrats to that girl and big thank you to those who chose her.
Back to top Go down
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyTue 25 Mar 2008 - 12:08

We should write a new song about it Razz "One dayyyyyy, this world may chaaaaaange!!! We have to beeee the architects of this rebiiiiirth!!!" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Replica
Posteur Fou
Replica

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyWed 26 Mar 2008 - 16:01

Please, do. Razz
Back to top Go down
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyWed 26 Mar 2008 - 18:25

I will ^^ Razz
Back to top Go down
Megamuerte
Posteur Fou
Megamuerte

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyThu 27 Mar 2008 - 4:45

I wish Wink
at least, these lyrics will work well.......
I'm wondering if in the firt concert after compose that song, you will say "That's for Replica!! wherever you are!! Thanks for inspiring us!!" XD
Really, I cant wait for the new stuff ^^
Back to top Go down
Replica
Posteur Fou
Replica

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyThu 27 Mar 2008 - 11:32

Megamuerte wrote:
I'm wondering if in the firt concert after compose that song, you will say "That's for Replica!! wherever you are!! Thanks for inspiring us!!" XD

Hahahaha! Laughing I'll want some cosmic sum of money if they write a song inspired by the discussion we have here. Razz
Back to top Go down
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyThu 27 Mar 2008 - 14:37

We have... to think about it Razz

But that would be awesome to play in your countries one day Smile
Back to top Go down
Megamuerte
Posteur Fou
Megamuerte

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyThu 27 Mar 2008 - 16:33

Yes please!! XD
If you play in Spain, try to do it in Valencia.....XD
bah...whatever i will go to the concert^^
Back to top Go down
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyThu 27 Mar 2008 - 17:20

For sure, we will try Smile

Return to the subject!!! Razz
What do you think about "Metal and Mediatisation"?
Back to top Go down
Megamuerte
Posteur Fou
Megamuerte

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... EmptyThu 27 Mar 2008 - 21:15

than is not good
lol XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal and mediatisation...   Metal and mediatisation... Empty

Back to top Go down

Metal and mediatisation...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next