Silent Fall - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silent Fall - Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Le Deal du moment : -20%
Pack Gigabyte Ecran PC Gamer 27″ LED M27Q ...
Voir le deal
749 €
-15%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
(Adhérents Fnac) LEGO® Star Wars™ 75367 Le croiseur d’assaut de ...
552.49 € 649.99 €
Voir le deal

Movies and Cinema

Go down 
+2
Lady Zephyr
Silent Fall-Handy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

Number of posts : 7071
Registration date : 2006-03-28

Movies and Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Movies and Cinema   Movies and Cinema EmptyFri 13 Feb 2009 - 19:43

I start with the movie Slumdog millionaire, a 2008 British drama film directed by Danny Boyle, co-directed by Loveleen Tandan, and written by Simon Beaufoy. It is an adaptation of the Boeke Prize-winning and Commonwealth Writers' Prize-nominated novel Q and A (2005) by Indian author and diplomat Vikas Swarup.

Set and filmed in India, Slumdog Millionaire tells the story of a young man from the slums of Mumbai who appears on the Indian version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? (Kaun Banega Crorepati, mentioned in the Hindi version) and exceeds people's expectations, arousing the suspicions of the game show host and of law enforcement officials.

(source Wikipedia)

I truelly liked this movie. I can't tell a lot about it, except that... You have to see it!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lady Zephyr
Posteur Fou
Lady Zephyr

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Movies and Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Cinema   Movies and Cinema EmptyFri 27 Feb 2009 - 22:44

Sounds very interesting, I want to see it!!!

As my tastes are a bit strange and I am a woman, I will speak here of the movie Coraline Very Happy hahaha

Movies and Cinema 5pmp7d

Coraline is a fantasy/horror novella by British author Neil Gaiman, published in 2002 by Bloomsbury and Harper Collins. It was awarded the 2003 Hugo Award for Best Novella, the 2003 Nebula Award for Best Novella, and the 2002 Bram Stoker Award for Best Work for Young Readers. It has been compared to Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland because of its surrealism and plot based on an alternate-reality, and has been adapted into a 2009 stop-motion film directed by Henry Selick (The Nightmare Before Christmas, James and the Giant Peach YEAHHHHHHHH I LOVE THESE MOVIES).

Coraline Jones (Dakota Fanning) is bored in her new home until she finds a secret door and discovers an alternate version of her life on the other side. On the surface, this parallel reality is eerily similar to her real life and the people in it – only much better. But when this seemingly perfect world turns dangerous, and her other parents (including her Other Mother voiced by Teri Hatcher) try to trap her forever, Coraline must count on her resourcefulness, determination and bravery to escape this increasingly perilous world – and save her family....

I love it!
Back to top Go down
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

Movies and Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Cinema   Movies and Cinema EmptyFri 27 Feb 2009 - 22:51

I don't know it!!! I have to see it Smile
Back to top Go down
Megamuerte
Posteur Fou
Megamuerte

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2007-01-26

Movies and Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Cinema   Movies and Cinema EmptySat 28 Mar 2009 - 17:13

wath about watchmen? Razz

we ha a new Street Fighter film!! :O
I hope it would be as shitty as the firt one. hehehe
Back to top Go down
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

Movies and Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Cinema   Movies and Cinema EmptySat 28 Mar 2009 - 17:16

lol ^^

I did not see Watchmen...

For me, I've just watched Seven Pounds with Will Smith. a very very very good movie Smile
Back to top Go down
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

Movies and Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Cinema   Movies and Cinema EmptyTue 13 Oct 2009 - 11:48

I've watched to Firewall with Harisson Ford yesterday. Not too bad but nothing truely original...
Back to top Go down
Replica
Posteur Fou
Replica

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Movies and Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Cinema   Movies and Cinema EmptyMon 19 Oct 2009 - 22:46

Aw, guys, movies is my weak spot. Embarassed I'm gonna flood this topic so much. Laughing

I still haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire, dunno why. I've been avoiding it ever since all the hype around the Oscars. I guess I should see it, everybody tell me it's an awesome movie.
Coraline was a bit disappointing, but it won me over with the Tim Burton-ish style of animation. Very Happy
Watchmen was slightly confusing and messy, but Rorschach is totally awesome! Cool
Seven Pounds was amazingly touching, I'd say one of my favorite movies. It was harsh, but it was also real.
Firewall was okay, but Harrison Ford was SO OLD there. Shocked First time I saw it I was like "OMG, that just CAN'T be Harrison Ford, no way!"

And the last movies I saw were Gremlins (1984), Gremlins 2: The New Batch (1990) and Trick'r'Treat (2008).
Gremlins
It's supposed to be a horror and tells the story of a fluffy cute thing that you have to remember three rules to keep him:
1. No bright light, especially sun, or they die.
2. Don't ever get him wet.
3. NEVER feed them after midnight.
First rule is clear, second one leads to the creature reproducing itself and the third one turns it into an evil green monster.
Of course, it got wet and it got fed after midnight. Pretty predictable, but it's supposed to be a classic, so I had to see it. Very Happy
Gremlins 2: The New Batch
Follows the same story as described above, only the second one was more fun for me.
Trick'r'Treat
It's a Halloween story. A bit tacky, I might say, deals with the usual Halloween stuff - murders. I liked how they made it to jump to what happened before certain events rather than just go on with what happened. And there was a good werewolf depiction! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wintryinenglish.blogspot.com
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

Movies and Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Cinema   Movies and Cinema EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009 - 3:37

I agree for Harrison Ford Razz It was strange for me too!!!

And you just gave me the will to see Gremlins once again lol
Back to top Go down
Nika
Pourrisseur de forum
Nika

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Movies and Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Cinema   Movies and Cinema EmptyTue 24 Aug 2010 - 12:52

I will recommend you King Arthur: the true story that inspired the legend

The film tells the story of how a Roman cavalry officer, Arthur, with his Sarmatian knights (Lancelot, Bors, Tristan, Gawain, Galahad and Dagonet), rescues an important Roman family from the territory of the Woads, a Celtic people who resist Roman rule and how later helps them defeat the Saxons who entered their territory. At end Arthur marries Guinevere, a Woad woman, and is crowned king of Britain.

The first time I saw it was in French class and then I also saw it in English and I can only say that I was very surprised with this amazing film and that this is a wonderful film with incredible performances and battles.
Those who like the epic is a sure to please lol!
Back to top Go down
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

Movies and Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Cinema   Movies and Cinema EmptyTue 24 Aug 2010 - 13:16

You speak about the movie with Keira Knightley?
Back to top Go down
Nika
Pourrisseur de forum
Nika

Movies and Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Cinema   Movies and Cinema EmptyTue 24 Aug 2010 - 13:21

Yes, did you see it?
Back to top Go down
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

Movies and Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Cinema   Movies and Cinema EmptyTue 24 Aug 2010 - 13:43

Yes ^^ A very nice movie Smile And ... Keiiiiraaaaaaaa!!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Nika
Pourrisseur de forum
Nika

Movies and Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Cinema   Movies and Cinema EmptyTue 24 Aug 2010 - 21:01

Yes, great movie, but do not really like keira lol!
I like more the actor who played Tristan, but I forgot his name Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

Movies and Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Cinema   Movies and Cinema EmptyTue 24 Aug 2010 - 23:10

lol ^^
Back to top Go down
Skyflat
Initié
Skyflat

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Movies and Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Cinema   Movies and Cinema EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010 - 19:52

Exclamation IP MAN 1
Exclamation IP MAN 2
Exclamation IP MAN - THE LEGEND IS BORN

My favorites movies!!! FIGHT FIGHT and FIGHT!!!
A true story!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/skyflat/cyprusmetallyrics
Silent Fall-Handy
Admin
Silent Fall-Handy

Movies and Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Cinema   Movies and Cinema EmptySat 13 Nov 2010 - 18:41

IP Man? What's that?
Back to top Go down
Skyflat
Initié
Skyflat

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Movies and Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Cinema   Movies and Cinema EmptySat 13 Nov 2010 - 22:52

Silent Fall-Handy wrote:
IP Man? What's that?

The best movie ever!!!

It's the story of Yip Man, the martial art teacher of Wing Chun!!!

Link here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1220719/
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/skyflat/cyprusmetallyrics
Sponsored content

Movies and Cinema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies and Cinema   Movies and Cinema Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies and Cinema
Page 1 of 1